This website is under construction. Please use the Feedback Form for any concerns or input. Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve your experience!

Senior Utility Tax Rebate Program

Utility Tax Rebate Information

From April 1 through May 31, eligible residents can apply for a City utility-tax refund. Eligible residents should use one of these methods to apply for the rebate:

  • Email the required documentation to
  • Mail the required documentation to:
    Utility Tax Rebate, City of Wentzville,
    1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd.,
    Wentzville, MO 63385
  • Schedule an appointment to apply in person at City Hall, by calling (636) 639-2121 or by making an appointment online.

Book Appointment

Please include your phone number on all rebate items emailed or mailed, so City staff can contact you, if necessary.

Resident Eligibility Criteria

  • You must rent or own your primary residence in the City of Wentzville.
  • You must be at least 65 years old or considered totally disabled by Social Security,
  • You must have a maximum 2023 gross income of $56,250 for a single-person household or $64,300 for a married-couple household. The refund program is based on your total gross income for the filing year 2023. Social security income is included in the calculation of gross income. These income requirements are set by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and can fluctuate from year-to-year.

The refund amount is a portion of the “City Tax” or “Franchise Tax” listed on your electric and gas bills for 2023. If you haven’t saved your gas or electric stubs, you can contact your local utilities to request a report (please note: Brightspeed does not provide this report).

  • Ameren Missouri: Request the “Municipal Tax Report” for 2023 by calling (314) 342-1111.
  • Spire Inc.: Request the “Municipal Tax Report” for 2023 by calling (314) 621-6960.
  • Cuivre River Electric: Request the “Wentzville City Tax Report” for 2023 by calling (800) 392-3709.

When applying for the refund, residents will need the following:

  • Photo ID
  • Proof of Income (2023 1040 Federal Income Tax Form. If a resident does not file taxes, an SSA-1099 form can be submitted as proof of income)
  • Proof of Disability, if applicable (SSA-1099 or SSA 1042S form)
  • Copies of 2023 gas and electric bills or a Municipal Tax Report for each utility (see above).

If you have questions or would like to check your eligibility, please call City Hall at (636) 639-2121.