This website is under construction. Please use the Feedback Form for any concerns or input. Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve your experience!

Appeal Process

If you have just had a trial in the City of Wentzville Municipal Court and have been found guilty by the Municipal Judge, you do have a right to appeal this decision within ten (10) days. The citation(s) will then be sent to the 11th Judicial Circuit Court, State of Missouri and reheard by a different Judge. Please read and follow the instructions below to appeal your case.

File an Appeal

You must file a $30.00 filing fee in the form of a money order or cashier’s check, made payable to the 11th Judicial Circuit Clerk, State of Missouri, along with an “Appeal / Jury Trial Cover Sheet”  WITHIN ten (10) days of the Judgment. The filing fee is to be filed with the City of Wentzville Municipal Court located at 1001 Schroeder Creek Boulevard, Wentzville, Missouri  63385. Please note the filing fee is non-refundable.

You can appeal even if you are not able to pay. Please complete the “Motion and Affidavit in Support of Request to Proceed as a Poor Person,” along with your request for Appeal and the “Appeal / Jury Trial Cover Sheet.”

Await Notification of a New Trial

After the filing fee is received or the motion and affidavit to proceed as a poor person is approved by the Judge, along with the Appeal cover sheet, the citation(s) will be forwarded to the 11th Judicial Circuit Court, located at 300 North Second Street, St. Charles, Missouri 63301. You will be notified by the 11th Judicial Circuit Court as to when the new trial will take place.

If you choose not to appeal the Judge’s decision:

If you choose not to appeal the citation(s), your fine ordered by the Judge will remain in effect, along with the court costs.

Failure to pay your fine and court costs by the due date may result in a warrant being issued for your arrest and/or the fines and court costs being sent to a debt collection agency for collection.