This website is under construction. Please use the Feedback Form for any concerns or input. Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve your experience!


faucet with water coming out

Water Service

Provided by the City of Wentzville.

To arrange for service, call (636) 639-2155 or (636) 327-5101, or click here.

water pouring out

Wastewater Service

Provided by the City of Wentzville.

To learn more, click here. To arrange for service, call (636) 639-2155 or (636) 327-5101.

electricity poles

Electric Service

By Ameren UE or Cuivre River

Ameren UE: (800) 552-7583
Cuivre River: (636) 695-4700.

gas stove

Gas Service

By Ameren UE or Spire

Ameren UE: (800) 552-7583
Spire: (800) 887-4173.

Utility Billing and Set Up: Water, Sewer & Solid Waste


Please contact our utility billing office at (636) 639-2155 with any questions; we are open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Utility Bill Payment Location: City Hall, 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd.

Utility Rates

Water, sewer and solid waste services are billed monthly and due 10 days after the bill date. Water charges include a base monthly fee, plus water usage calculated by monthly meter reads. Sewer charges for residential customers include a base monthly fee, plus a usage charge for the average water used over the four months of November, December, January and February. New customer use is based on the monthly winter average of 4,500 gallons until your own usage history is established. Click here to view the 2024 utility rate chart, which will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2024.  

Utility Payment Options

Payment options for your utility account include automatic bank draft from a checking or savings account, automatic draft by credit card, mail-in payment, drop box, pay by phone with a credit or debit card, or in-person payment. The drop box is available at City Hall, located at 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd. Cash, check and money orders are accepted. MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover are accepted with a 2% surcharge added. For the average resident paying their utility bill with a credit card, this will equal approximately $2 per billing cycle. Learn more on the utility billing page.

Solid Waste and Recycling

Curbside Solid Waste and Recycling service is provided Citywide through a contract with Meridian for single-family residential customers. These charges are included with the water and wastewater monthly utility bill.

New Residential Customer Utility Set Up

New customers should call City Hall at (636) 639-2155 and press Option 2 to set up service, or complete the online form above.

New service requires a $150 deposit.  Deposit is held until two years of good payment history is established.  Deposit is then refunded as an account credit. 

Residential Rental/Lease Occupancy Inspection

Residential occupancy inspections are required on all rental/lease properties each time a property changes tenants. Before a new tenant moves into a rental property, an Occupancy Inspection Application Form must be completed, inspection fee paid, and passed inspection completed. Residential occupancy inspection fee is $50. For questions, please call (636) 327-5101.

New Home Construction Occupancy Permit Required

Occupancy Permits are part of the final inspection of a new home construction permit.  An Occupancy Permit must be issued prior to the occupancy of the home.

Sale of Existing Home, No Occupancy Inspection Required

Residential occupancy inspections are not required on the sale of an existing home. 

New Commercial Customer

New customers please complete a Commercial Occupancy and Business License Application and pay the required deposit. The form and deposit may be mailed or dropped off at City Hall. Click here to view commercial occupancy permit guidelines. 

We value your opinion

Please call Susan Spiegel, Director of Public Works, at (636) 327-5101 or send an email to to provide feedback or suggestions about improving your City utility services.