Senior Utility Tax Rebate Program

2023 Utility Tax Rebate Information

From April 1 through May 31, eligible residents can apply for a City utility-tax refund. Eligible residents should use one of these methods:

  • Email the required documentation to
  • Mail the required documentation to:
    Utility Tax Rebate, City of Wentzville,
    1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd.,
    Wentzville, MO 63385
  • Set up an appointment to apply in person at City Hall by calling (636) 639-2155.

Please include your phone number on all rebate items emailed or mailed, so City staff can contact you, if necessary.

Resident Eligibility Criteria:

  • You must rent or own your primary residence in the City of Wentzville.
  • You must be at least 65 years old or considered totally disabled by Social Security,
  • You must have a maximum 2022 gross income of $53,150 for a single-person household or $60,750 for a married-couple household. The refund program is based on your total gross income for filing year 2022, social security income is included. These income requirements are set by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and can fluctuate from year-to-year.

The refund amount is a portion of the “City Tax” or “Franchise Tax” listed on your electric, gas and phone bills for 2022. If you haven’t saved your gas or electric stubs, you can contact your local utilities to request a report (please note: CenturyLink does not provide this report).

  • Ameren UE: Request the “Municipal Tax Report” for 2022 by calling (314) 342-1111.
  • Laclede Gas: Request the “Municipal Tax Report” for 2022 by calling (314) 621-6960.
  • Cuivre River: Request the “Wentzville City Tax Report” for 2022 by calling (800) 392-3709.
  • Phone Bills: Provide landline OR cell phone bills (pre-paid phones are not eligible).

When applying for the refund, residents will need the following:

  • Photo ID or SS Card
  • Proof of Income (Tax form 1040, 1099, or SS statement)
  • Proof of Residency (Utility Bill or ID)
  • Proof of Age and/or Disability (Social Security Statement)
  • Copies of 2022 Gas, Electric, and/or Primary Phone Bills, or a Municipal Tax Report for these (see above).


If you have questions or would like to check your eligibility,
please call the Finance Department at (636) 639-2155.


Stay Up to Date
Sign up for our eNewsletter