The Finance Department provides professional support to City management in order to allow them to make sound fiscal and organizational decisions. The Department helps maintain the City’s financial health, and monitors/reports on the financial position of the City.
The Finance Department is also responsible for collecting, analyzing, recording, auditing and reporting financial transactions of the City in the accordance with all applicable accounting, City and other governmental requirements and/or guidelines. The Department provides for fiscal management and processing of all accounting transactions for all City funds. This includes processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, centralized payroll and utility billing.
- Provides financial support services to the entire organization
- Preparation and administration of the annual budget
- Manages the City’s investments
- Processes receivables, payables and payroll
- Prepares timely and accurate financial reports, payroll and personnel reports
- Oversees the maintenance of special assessments, TIF districts
- Processes utility billing