Winter Storm Tips and Reminders
To view solid waste collection changes and City facility closures due to inclement weather, please click here.
- Fire Hydrants: Residents should clear fire hydrants of snow buildup to ensure firefighters can quickly find the fire hydrant in the event of a fire.
- Observe Winter Parking Restrictions: It is always a good idea to remove parked cars from the roadway during a snow event greater than two inches. Parking is prohibited on City streets when a snowfall forecast of five or more inches results in a declaration of a City Snow Emergency.
- Mailboxes: Occasionally, mailboxes are bumped by snow removal equipment or snow dropping off of the face of the plow. When notified of the problem, the City will erect a temporary mailbox until weather conditions allow for repairs. If replacement is needed, the City will reimburse $50 for a new mailbox, which meets the minimum requirements of the USPS. If a mailbox is overhanging into the street it may not be eligible for reimbursement.
- Landscaping: The City permits low bushes, ground cover and flowers to be planted in the right-of-way, but does not compensate residents for private plantings in the right-of-way that are damaged due to snow-removal operations. If sod is damaged, the City will restore that area at the earliest availability of sod material.
- Mail Delivery/Trash Pickup: Snow fighters clear snow as close to the curb line as practical to provide access to the mailboxes and trash collection. Final clearing is the responsibility of each resident in order to receive trash collection service and delivery of mail by the USPS.
Did you know Wentzville has approximately 368 lane miles of streets? This means it takes about 18 hours to plow the whole City during a snow event. Thanks for your patience as crews work, often on 12-hour shifts, to make Wentzville's roads safe for our residents and visitors. When snow and ice hit, please remember that some roads within Wentzville's city limits are cleared by the Missouri Department of Transportation or St. Charles County, rather than by the City of Wentzville Streets Department. These roads include:
- Interstate 70
- Interstate 70 Service Roads
- Highway 40/61
- Highway 64
- Highways A, Z and N
- Wilmer Road
- Hepperman Road