Volunteers play a vital role in the success of Wentzville Parks and Recreation. The help and support of our community make it possible for us to enhance events and offer improvements year to year. We truly could not offer the quality services we strive for if it weren't for our volunteers.
Whether you are a high school student looking to earn hours for Key Club, a scout group looking for a way for kids to learn the importance of helping their community or a retiree looking for a fun way to get involved in your own community, we have an volunteer opportunity for you!
There are so many opportunities to fit the amount of time you are interested in donating and the manner in which you would like to spend it. Just a few of the possibilities are:
- Directing runners during races
- Taking tickets at the Easter Egg Hunt and Holiday Night Lights events a
- Removing trash from our parks
- Planting and watering plants with Horticulture and Forestry divisions
- Cutting paper snowflakes for winter decorations
- We are open to new ideas and suggestions. The possibilities are endless!
One of the most exciting ways to give back is to coach one of our youth sports teams. But don't take it from us, here is what one coach has to say:
"The opportunity to encourage and enlighten these kids brings great joy to my life. Watching them learn and grow with enthusiasm is what it's all about for me. I coach them to be good players, good teammates, and most important good people... These kids deserve the best opportunity possible and if I can put smile on each one of their faces I feel that's the greatest reward of all. My quote is a question I ask my players. 'How do you make a shoe smell? Put your foot in it.' Soccer Dad jokes are the best. Especially when all the players yell the answer laughing." - Coach Derek April
For any questions about the program or to apply, please contact Alyssa.Groeteke@wentzvillemo.gov (636) 639-2085 or email email@example.com.
1. Complete the Volunteer Application above and submit.
2. After completing the application, please click the button above to submit a request for a background check.
3. This screening process may also include an interview and reference check.
4. You can anticipate being contacted by the Volunteer Manager within two weeks of your submission to discuss the available volunteer opportunities.