The Public Works Department is dedicated to maintaining and improving the quality of life in the community by planning for future needs, promoting environmental quality, building and maintaining municipal infrastructure, managing public capital improvement projects and protecting the health and safety of the community. In addition, the Department provides the design, construction, operation and maintenance of public works and related services within the community in a manner consistent with the City’s vision.
Wentzville Public Works is a comprehensive team of divisions devoted to providing a wide range of municipal services:
- Roadway administration, planning, design, plan review, inspections and maintenance
- Water supply administration, planning, distribution and maintenance
- Wastewater treatment, administration, planning collection and maintenance
- Solid waste and recycling collection operations
- Vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Stormwater management to meet state and federal laws