2021 CANDIDATE FILING: Beginning Dec. 15, eligible candidates may now file for the elected municipal offices that will appear on the April 6, 2021, ballot. Candidates must file at City Hall, located at 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd. The filing period will remain open until 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021.
Positions open for filing include one Alderman from each of the three Wards and Municipal Judge. There is a $25 fee, due when filing. For additional information, please call the City Clerk’s office at (636) 327-5101. Applicant packets are available here: Alderman Packet | Judge Packet
The City Clerk prepares and maintains the agendas and minutes of Board of Aldermen proceedings, recording and filing official City records, certifying and issuing official documents, filing official notices and advertisements and posting public notices as required by law. The City Clerk accepts filing for candidacy in City elections, officially swears in public officials and certain public employees for public office. The City Clerk's Office offers notary public services and maintains the subdivision trustee database. The City Clerk is also responsible for public records requests, as well as the licenses and permits shown below.
The City Clerk is responsible for the following licenses and permits:
- Business License - Chapter 605 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Home Based Business - Section 405.460 (Home Occupations) of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Liquor License - Chapter 600 Article l - In General and Chapter 600 Article II - Licenses of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Solicitors License - Chapter 610 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Mechanical Amusement Centers - Chapter 625 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Tattoo, Branding and Body Piercing - Chapter 650 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Yard/Garage Sale Sign - Chapter 653 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Adult Business - Chapter 630 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Pawnbrokers - Chapter 635 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Payday Loan and Title Loan Businesses - Chapter 645 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book