NOTICE OF ELECTION AND OF THE OPENING AND CLOSING FOR FILING DECLARATIONS OF CANDIDACY FOR ELECTIVE OFFICES IN THE CITY OF WENTZVILLE, MISSOURI, FOR THE ELECTION TO BE HELD APRIL 5, 2022.
Notice is hereby given that an election will be held on Tuesday, April 5, 2022, in the City of Wentzville, Missouri, for the purpose of electing (1) Alderman from each of the three (3) wards for terms of two (2) years.
Filing Procedures: The first day for filing Declarations of Candidacy for the April 5, 2022, election is from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 7, 2021. Filing will close at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 28, 2021. Each Declaration of Candidacy must be filed with the City Clerk at the City Hall, 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd., Wentzville, MO. City Hall office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. All candidates must file in person; no one else can file for a candidate. State law requires persons filing declarations of candidacy to provide proof of identity.
All filing fees are $25.00 and must be paid when filing for the position of Alderman.
Qualifications for Alderman: No person shall be an Alderman unless he/she be at least eighteen (18) years of age, a citizen of the United States and an inhabitant and resident of the City of Wentzville for one (1) year next preceding his/her election, and a resident, at the time he/she files and during the time he/she serves, of the ward from which he/she is elected.
For further information, please contact the City Clerk at (636) 639-2012.
The City Clerk prepares and maintains the agendas and minutes of Board of Aldermen proceedings, recording and filing official City records, certifying and issuing official documents, filing official notices and advertisements and posting public notices as required by law. The City Clerk accepts filing for candidacy in City elections, officially swears in public officials and certain public employees for public office. The City Clerk's Office offers notary public services and maintains the subdivision trustee database. The City Clerk is also responsible for public records requests, as well as the licenses and permits shown below.
The City Clerk is responsible for the following licenses and permits:
- Business License - Chapter 605 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Home Based Business - Section 405.460 (Home Occupations) of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Liquor License - Chapter 600 Article l - In General and Chapter 600 Article II - Licenses of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Solicitors License - Chapter 610 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Mechanical Amusement Centers - Chapter 625 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Tattoo, Branding and Body Piercing - Chapter 650 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Yard/Garage Sale Sign - Chapter 653 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Adult Business - Chapter 630 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Pawnbrokers - Chapter 635 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book
- Payday Loan and Title Loan Businesses - Chapter 645 of the Wentzville Municipal Code Book