Once your permit is issued, you may call or request an inspection by clicking the Electronic Inspection Requests link below. Inspections are offered Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. till 3 p.m. with a break for lunch. The permit number (located at the top of the permit card) is required when calling in any inspection. Inspections must be called in by 3 p.m. of the proceeding day for next day service. A 24-48 hours notice is required to ensure that your inspection is at the date and time necessary. Scheduling is on a first-come, first-served basis. *Please be aware the following days are observed holidays for the calendar year, City offices will be closed. No inspections will be performed on January 1, January 15, February 19, March 29, May 27, June 19, July 4, September 4, October 9, November 23-24 and December 22 and 25*.
Type of Inspections:
Inspections per site may vary, consult an inspector for details.
- New House: Footing, Sewer Lateral, Ground Rough Plumbing, Complete Rough, Sewer Lateral and Final Building
- To submit a Soils Report, Spot Survey or a Drywall Screw Inspection Report for a new home inspection click here
- New House Yard Inspections: Yard Inspections are required to be completed by the Engineering Division to obtain a Full Occupancy, see the requirements at Plot Plan Review and Yard Inspections
- Request a Certificate of Occupancy
- Deck: Footing, Rough and Final
- Finished Basement: Complete Rough and Final (Ground Rough Plumbing, if adding plumbing under the floor)
- Fence: Locate and Final
- Above Ground Swimming Pool: Locate, Rough Electric and Final
- In-Ground Swimming Pool: Locate, Ground Rough Plumbing, Electrical Rough and Final
Contact Residential Inspector
Contact Commercial Inspector