Project Description: This project consists of the complete removal and replacement of existing pavement and sidewalks along Allen Street between Blumhoff Avenue to North Locust Street. The proposed roadway will consist of 8 inchs of concrete on 4 inch of compacted base material. The project also includes installation of 4 inch thick exposed aggregate sidewalks, ADA compliant curb ramps, new parking stalls, stormwater improvements, decorative street lighting, and landscaping/ streetscaping improvements. During construction the contractor will be allowed to close sections of Allen Street to faciliate construction. During each road closure the contractor will ensure that businesses and residences within the closure area will have pedestrian access at all times during road closure.
- Allen Street remains open to traffic East of Linn Avenue.
- Crews are currently constructing the new roadway and sidewalk between Blumhoff Avenue and Linn Avenue
- New parking areas on the South side of Allen Street have been paved between Linn Avenue and Ash Street.
- Elm Street is no longer open to traffic.
- All businesses on Allen remain accessible during construction.
- Expect to see new street lighting being installed East of Linn Avenue in the coming weeks.