Already have something in the works at your school? We'd love to hear about your activities or projects that are helping improve water quality in Wentzville. Submit your success story online!
Events Around Town
Tap into local events and training opportunities!
EnviroScape® Watershed Model
Ecology, water cycle, natural resources and human impacts on the environment can all be taught using this 3-D interactive watershed model! With city staff training, this model can be loaned for use at your school or event. Call the Stormwater Division at (636) 327-5102.
- Explore different land uses, their unique functions and values.
- Explore how stormwater runoff carries pollutants through the watershed to a lake, stream or river – and the best management practices to prevent this type of pollution from occurring.
- Demonstrate how restoring and constructing wetlands can improve natural resources and manage stormwater, reducing flooding and pollution.
St. Louis Regional Envirothon for High Schools
High-school students are invited to register as a team to participate in the St. Louis Regional Envirothon Competition, sponsored by the St. Charles Soil & Water Conservation District in partnership with the City of Wentzville and the Missouri Department of Conservation. Teams compete at the regional, state and international level and are eligible for scholarships.
Students and coaches receive hands-on trainings, STEM and field ecology experiences in state parks and conservation areas, access to career resources, and work directly with professionals to find solutions to address complex real-world resource management issues in these topics:
- Current Issue:
Start a Team! It’s Easy!
Teams consist of five students with one alternate. Each team needs a designated coach which could be a teacher, parent, club leader or school administrator.
Ask an advisor about how to start a team today!
For info, call (636) 922-2833, ext. 3.
St. Louis Regional Envirothon (Brochure)
Missouri State Envirothon
Wentzville area professionals are available as resources, or for classroom or event presentations:
- Nine Network: Water Matters - St. Louis Partners Bring Focus to Importance of Water
- Cigarette Butt Litter
- Detox Your Domicile (Hazardous Waste Curriculum)
- EPA - Educational Resources
- EPA - Water For KIDS! (Fun games grades K-6)
- Learn About Ground Water
- NASA Classroom - Tracking water quality problems (Grades 7-12)
- Water Science for Schools, U.S. Geological Survey
- Water Education
- Top 10 Classroom Programs
- Sustainable School Projects - Looking for ways to improve water quality at your school? Get instructions on designing several types of Low Impact Development (LID) school projects. (There are separate programs for elementary, middle, and high schools!)