Building Permits are required to construct, modify or in some cases repair a structure. Work of a minor nature such as the changing of a faucet, does not require a permit. Any permit issued shall become invalid if the authorized work is suspended or abandoned for a period of six months. Construction Guides, Permit Applications and Permit Guides are available for each type of permit to help you with the submittal process. The following list requires permits (this list is not all encompassing):
- Residential New Home Permits
- Miscellaneous Permits to alter or add to a residential or commercial premise, this list is not all encompassing:
- Accessory Building/Shed Permit
- Deck/Patio Cover Permit
- Driveway Permit
- Fence Permit
- Finished Basement Permit
- Swimming Pool/Hot Tub Permit
- New electric, plumbing or HVAC
- Retaining walls over 3'
- Sewer/Water install or repairs
- Solar panels
- Building additions
- To obtain a copy of your Plot Plan to use for permit submittal click here
- Demolition Permits (please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Irrigation Permits (Sprinkler Systems - also requires Backflow Registration)
- Backflow Registration Form (Required when a new device is installed on an existing system)
- Commercial Permits (New, Tenant Finish, Alteration or Addition)
- Commercial Occupancy & Business License Application
- All contractors, generals and subs, are required to have a City issued contractors license prior to performing work in the City. If your contractor's license is not valid, please fill out the application and submit as directed on the application to assure efficient permit review times.
- Certificate of Occupancy Form (Residential or Commercial)
The submittal will go directly to the Building division to began the review process. Please submit all required drawings, specifications, engineered letters, etc., as it may take longer to review if the required documents are not submitted with the application. The documents can be uploaded at the bottom of the applications. If you have any questions about electronic permit submittal please call our office at (636) 327-5101 or email email@example.com (please do not request inspection via this email address)
Permits can be turned around very quickly (within a few days) if the paperwork submitted is accurate and neatly described. All applications are reviewed by staff inspectors who may call you if questions regarding your project arise.
A permit shall be placed in the “Expired” status if no inspection has been
performed within the first 180 days or if no inspection has occurred within 180 days of the last
inspection. Please fill out the ‘Request to Extend a Permit’ form and email it to our office.
NOTE: All Residential and Commercial Plans for projects (new homes, business, tenant finish, etc.) can be submitted electronically or brought to the City Hall building located at 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd. to be checked in by an inspector.