Building Codes and Design Parameters
The City has adopted the following Building Codes with local amendments. You may reference the various code sections by the Chapter listed in the City Municipal Code (Municode)
- 2015 IBC International Building Code (Section 500.060)
- 2015 IRC International Residential Code (Section 500.080)
- 2015 IPMC International Property Maintenance Code (Section 500.300)
- 2015 ICC International Fuel and Gas Code (Section 500.330)
- 2015 IPC International Plumbing Code (Section 500.190)
- 2015 IMC International Mechanical Code (Section 500.250)
- 2014 National Electrical Code (Section 500.100)
Design Parameters for Architects and Engineers:
- Ground Snow Load = 20
- Wind Speed = 115 mph
- Seismic Design Category = C
- Frost Line Depth = 30”
Accordance with City Nuisance Ordinances, the erection, excavating, demolition, alteration or repair of any building must take place between the hours of 6 a.m. and 9 p.m., Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Urgent necessity such as an emergency or public safety may require operations that are not routine and therefore would not comply with the referenced construction time. If a resident finds that a nuisance exists regarding construction practices as mentioned above, a concern may be filed through the online Concern System or by calling the Customer Service Center at (636) 639-2121.